It makes business sense for foreign investors to set up a plastics manufacturing company in Dubai mainland due to the positive market trends. As per Dubai Chamber of Commerce statistics, plastic products are one of the UAE’s main exported commodities. Moreover, Plastics is one of the five business groups launched by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce to strengthen the emirate’s economy.
Even though the environment of business setup in Dubai is ideal for the plastic industries, foreign investors need to meet several requirements set out by the Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) to obtain the mandatory trade license. However, the licensing rigmarole can be simplified with the help of business setup consultants in Dubai. Keep reading to learn more about opening a plastics manufacturing business in Dubai mainland:
What types of licenses are available?
You need to obtain an industrial license to start a plastic manufacturing business in Dubai. Since it is an industrial license, you will be required to obtain approval from concerned ministries of government departments after getting approval from the DET. Business setup consultants in Dubai can help you obtain the license for you. Based on the type of plastic product, you may apply for the following trade license in Dubai:
- Plastic Pipes & Fittings Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220003)
- Plastic Bags Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220008)
- Plastic Films Manufacturing License (Activity code: 2220015)
- Building Plastic Requisites Manufacturing License (Activity code: 2220047)
- Thermal Plastic Utensils Manufacturing License (Activity code: 2220042)
- Plastic Caps & Lids Manufacturing License (Activity code: 2220035)
- Recycled Plastic Materials Manufacturing License (Activity code: 3830907)
- Plastic Toys Manufacturing License (Activity code: 3240001)
- Plastic Bottles & Containers Manufacturing License (Activity code: 2220025)
- Plastic Syringes Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220030)
- Plastic Sheets Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220006)
- Crude Plastic Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2013001)
- Plastic Masterbatch & Compounds Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220156)
- Plastic Utensils Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220002)
- Plastic Buckets & Pots Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220024)
- Plastic Cards Manufacturing License (Activity Code: 2220020)
- Doors, Windows & Other Plastic Building Products Manufacturing (Activity Code: 2220033)
How to start a plastic manufacturing company in Dubai?
The process of starting a plastic manufacturing company in Dubai mainland involves a series of streamlined steps. Some of the steps are complex and some are simple. However, the process becomes simple if you apply through business setup advisers in Dubai. The following are the key steps of company incorporation in Dubai mainland:
- Identify the correct activity
- Select a name for the company
- Determine an appropriate legal structure
- Get initial approval from the DET
- Rent or lease an appropriate space/manufacturing unit
- Obtain external approval from the relevant authority
- Submit all the documents
- Make the payment & obtain the mainland company license
What type of approvals are needed?
As per the rules of company formation in Dubai mainland, you must obtain approval from relevant authorities if any special activity is included. Special activities are activities that contain an element of risk and are regulated by the government through its ministries or departments. Manufacturing plastics is a special activity regulated by Dubai Municipality. Since the activity poses risk to the environment, you need to get clearance from the Department of Environment at Dubai Municipality. Company setup consultants in Dubai can assist you in the approval process.
Why start a plastic manufacturing business in Dubai?
There is a huge demand for plastic and plastic products from high-development sectors such as construction, transportation, electronics and healthcare that contribute lion’s share in the application of plastics. As per a report by Mordor Intelligence, plastic consumption per capita has shown an upward trend over the past decade in the UAE, mainly due to the development of new products and material substitution in established markets.
Plastic continues to be the material of choice in the country in many sectors despite the presence of other alternatives like metals, paper, etc. Moreover, plastics are the third-most exported commodity in the UAE. Moreover, the Made in the UAE initiative that aims to reduce the reliance on imports will have a positive bearing on the packaging industry. This will also boost the plastic industry in the UAE.
Consult with the Best Business Setup Consultants in Dubai, UAE
Given the upbeat market conditions, setting up a plastic manufacturing company in Dubai mainland is a lucrative prospect. Moreover, you can navigate the licensing regulations with the help of business setup consultants in Dubai such as Jitendra Business Consultants (JBC). We are one of the leading providers of business setup services in Dubai with a tailor-made solution for requirements such as company formation, visa processing, bank account opening, Economic Substance Regulations (ESR), Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO), Corporate Tax and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance. Call us today for a valuable consultation on starting any type of business in Dubai.