The UAE Green Visa is the latest among a series of long-term residency options available for foreign investors and professionals to relocate to the country. Getting a green visa in the UAE allows foreigners to live, work, invest or do business in the UAE. Unlike the previous residency options, the Green Visa doesn’t require the holder to have the sponsorship of a UAE national or employer. The Green Visa is highly beneficial to foreign individuals as they can stay longer in the UAE without an employer’s sponsorship.
However, investors and professionals need to first check whether they meet the UAE Green Visa Eligibility conditions. They should also understand the UAE Green Visa requirements set out by the government to leverage the benefits offered by the visa. Availing of Green Visa services in Dubai is the easiest way to understand the conditions and requirements.
Who Can Apply for Green Visas in the UAE?
The UAE Green Visa eligibility is open for mainly three categories of individuals. The applicants must belong to any of the following categories to obtain a Green Visa in the UAE:
- Freelancers/self-employed people
- Skilled employees
- Investors or partners
Want to Apply for a UAE Green Visa?
Send us your enquiry and one of our experts will get back to you.
UAE Green Visa Requirements for Freelancers/ Self-employed
Freelancers have always been in demand in the UAE owing to the country’s status of being a global business hub. The demand for freelancers in the UAE increased after the Covid-19 pandemic as hiring in-house employees on huge salaries turned out to be costly in the wake of the changed economic conditions. Adding freelancers to the UAE Green Visa eligibility bracket has made it easier for self-employed individuals to live and find work in the country. Freelancers and self-employed people must submit the following to meet the UAE Green Visa requirements:
- A freelance/self-employment permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE)
- Proof of bachelor’s degree or specialised diploma
- Evidence of annual income from self-employment for the previous two years for an amount not less than AED 360,000; or
- Prove financial solvency throughout their stay in the UAE
UAE Green Visa Requirements for Skilled Employees
Skilled employees who wish to apply for a UAE Green Visa are required to fulfil a different set of requirements. Availing Green Visa services in Dubai can help such individuals to navigate the formal procedures. Skilled employees must meet the following UAE Green Visa requirements:
- Skilled employees should have a valid employment contract
- The skilled employee must be classified in the first, second or third occupational level as per the MoHRE
- The UAE Green Visa applicant should hold a minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The skilled employee should be drawing a salary of at least AED 15,000
UAE Green Visa Requirements for Investors or partners
Foreigner investors are also eligible to apply for a UAE Green Visa by meeting the mandatory requirements. Investors can check their eligibility using bespoke Green Visa services in Dubai. Investors are required to meet the following UAE Green visa requirements:
- The UAE Green visa eligibility is open for investors who establish or participate in commercial activities.
- The investors must secure approval of the investment and proof of investment (If the investor/partner has more than one licence, the total invested capital will be calculated.)
- Investors should get the approval of the competent local authorities
What Are the Benefits of Getting the UAE Green Visa?
The UAE Green Visa offers a wide range of benefits to eligible individuals. Apart from the length of residency, the top benefit of the UAE Green Visa is its ability to sponsor family members. The UAE Green Visa offers more benefits to the family members than the normal residence visa. The following are some of the key benefits of the UAE Green Visa:
- Getting the UAE Green Visa makes the holders eligible to sponsor their family members, including spouses, children and first-degree relatives
- Green Visa holders can sponsor the residence visa of their male children for up to 25 years (previously 18 years), with no age limit for unmarried daughters
- Children of determination (those with special needs) will be granted a residence permit, irrespective of their age
- The Green Visa offers longer flexible grace periods of up to 6 months to stay in the UAE after the residence permit is cancelled or has expired
- The residency period of the family members will be the same as that of the original visa holder
Is the UAE Green Visa the same as the Golden Visa?
No, the UAE Golden Visa and Green Visas offer long-term residency for foreign individuals. However, they are designed on different concepts. The Green Visa offers only a five-year residency option while the Golden Visa offers 10-year residency options for the holders. Moreover, the Golden Visa is open to a different set of applicants. Providers of the best Green Visa Services in Dubai can help the investors clearly distinguish between the two visas.
Avail of the Best Green Visa Services in Dubai, UAE
The introduction of the UAE Green Visa is expected to boost the inflow of investors, freelancers and skilled employees into the country. The Green Visa holders can benefit from the country’s strategic location, political stability, safer living conditions, investor-friendly policies, robust infrastructure and ease of doing business. However, availing of bespoke Green Visa services in Dubai is essential to easily navigate the requirements.
Jitendra Business Consultants (JBC) offers bespoke consultation on UAE Green Visa Services, using which foreigners can quickly obtain long-term residency in the country. JBC can assist the investors in assessing their UAE Green visa eligibility criteria and submit the application with relevant documents. Consult with JBC today to easily obtain a Green Visa in the UAE.