If you are a professional or a foreign investor seeking to obtain residency in the UAE, you need to know everything about Emirates ID. It is one of the most valuable identity documents residents must have while living, working or doing business in the UAE. Moreover, citizens and residents must apply for the UAE Emirates ID and carry it with them at all times.
It is a legal requirement for all UAE citizens and residents to apply for one and carry it with them at all times. However, the UAE government has introduced many changes to the process of getting an Emirates ID. PRO firms in Dubai can help you with the Emirates ID process and requirements. Read ahead to know more about the recent updates on the UAE Emirates ID:
What is Emirates ID?
Emirates ID is a UAE identity card granted to residents and citizens by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP). You can use it to avail of key Emirates ID benefits such as accessing the UAE government services and as a document to pass immigration through the eGates and smart gates at several airports in the UAE. However, it is illegal for employers to withhold the Emirates ID cards of their employees or their customers and visitors. Companies can only take personal data on ID cards.
Seven new updates to the UAE Emirates ID form
The ICP stated on 28th February 2023 that the UAE Emirates ID has a new application form. The new changes in the UAE Emirates ID application form will enable residents to track their application status and change the date for their fingerprint scanning. The ICP also announced that the new Emirates ID Card Registration Form has been updated to simplify the application process. Avail of PRO services in Dubai for more information. According to the ICP, the following are the new changes to the UAE Emirates ID form:
- The form has been redesigned in line with ICP’s visual identity.
- The applicant’s picture is included in the form.
- A Quick Response (QR) code has been added to track the status of the Emirates ID application in the UAE
- Details on the steps for applying for the UAE Emirates ID have been provided in the form. This includes providing the applicant’s biometric data and receiving their medical test result.
- The name of the courier company delivering the Emirates ID in the UAE has been added to the form
- A QR code has been provided for the ‘Customer Voice Gateway’. Applicants can scan the code, which will take them directly to the ‘Customer Voice Gateway’ web portal, which handles complaints and queries related to ICP services.
- Another QR code has also been provided that enables the applicant to modify the date for the Emirates ID fingerprint scan
What are the multiple uses of the Emirates ID?
If you are working or living in the country, the Emirates ID serves as your legal identity in the UAE. Apart from being a legal document that attests to your status as a resident of the UAE, there are multiple other uses of the Emirates ID. Here is a look at the most common benefits of Emirates ID:
- It is essential for getting a new home internet package or a new SIM card
- The UAE Emirates ID is mandatory for opening bank accounts or applying for credit cards
- You may require the ID while applying for a Driver’s License in Dubai
- You need the ID number while paying the utility bills
- Your courier provider may as the ID while delivering important documents
- You will require to present the original Emirates ID while sponsoring your family’s visa in the UAE
Hire the Best PRO Firms in Dubai, UAE
Being one of the key UAE national identity documents, the Emirates ID application process needs to be taken seriously. Residents need to keep track of any changes or updates regarding the process of applying for the UAE Emirates ID. PRO firms in Dubai such as Jitendra Business Consultants (JBC) can help you apply for an Emirates ID in line with relevant rules and procedures. JBC is one of the top providers of PRO services in Dubai with years of experience. We can help you comply with regulations regarding visas, Emirates IDs, Medical Tests, etc. JBC also assists the expatriates in getting them UAE Golden Visas and Green Visas.